It is recommended that:
- A resource team made up of MLCS legal staff, BDM representatives and celebrant association/CoCA representatives be appointed to handle difficult questions/situations.
- The role of this panel would be to:
- To examine the more tricky questions that come in via celebrant associations or BDM
- Provide a team approach to problem solving.
- To request the AGD to contact the relevant embassies etc as required
- To document the findings into Fact Sheets or Information Sheets as matters are resolved.
- Be a resource group for Prescribed Authorities
- It is envisaged that this panel would be a closed in-house web-based forum inside the upgraded MLCS website.
It is further anticipated that it would minimise the workload on part-time marriage celebrants and enable couples to have both standard and expert advice readily and clearly identified.
MLCS, BDMs and celebrant associations are already devoting time to address celebrants queries and needs for clearer information. No extra cost should be involved – rather less as these groups efforts would be coordinated and streamlined to improve efficiency an quality.
Read more … see TABLE OF CONTENTS