- a uniform high standard of entry for all independent marriage celebrants
- a qualitative baseline for trainers qualifications to provide training with the VET system, and
- a measure against which existing celebrants could be tested as part of their OPD in a 5 year review cycle.
It is believed that some of the benefits of this process would be to:
- Address problems with the variable outcomes of the knowledge and skills of graduates of the VET system.
- Strengthen the perception that the Marriage Celebrants role is an important one requiring more than just passing a course.
- Provide an opportunity for a celebrant to become a CoCA accredited celebrant if the celebrant successfully passes this testing.
Cost recover for this recommendation would be recovered from the applicants for appointment.
Read more … see TABLE OF CONTENTS