How can I join CoCA?
Coalition of Celebrant Associations (CoCA) Inc is the only association of celebrants associations in Australia.
Only celebrant associations can join CoCA Inc - not individual celebrants.
Thus CoCA is truly a peak body based as the delegates of member celebrant associations:
- work together in order to present concerns of celebrants, and offer solutions, to the AGD (Attorney-General’s Department)
- encourage Commonwealth authorised marriage celebrants to give feedback to CoCA via its website
- survey Commonwealth authorised marriage celebrant, whether members of CoCA associations or not, to identify trends, needs and concerns
- make submissions to the Attorney-General’s Department, other government departments and other bodies as deemed appropriate
- consult with the AGD regarding Australia’s marriage celebrant program. (Administration and management of the marriage celebrant program rests entirely with the AGD). Read more: What is CoCA?
As a peak body CoCA works "to ensure that it represents the views of those marriage celebrants who are members of celebrant associations, as well as those who are not.
How can I as an individual celebrant join COCA then?
The way you can support CoCA is to join one of our CoCA Member Associations
That's because to join CoCA one needs to be an incorporated associations with members of 50 or more celebrants
Need more information: Contact us.